Before you use Chinese Feng Shui cures you
should Feng Shui design your home or office. Cures should only
be applied after removing the clutter and redesigning your home
or office using sound Feng Shui principles. You can read the Feng Shui Articles
we offer to help you get started
on the right path, but you should also consult books and
consider the services of a qualified consultant.
The Road to
Applying Feng Shui Cures
We ask that you seriously consider following these three
steps BEFORE you begin applying Feng Shui cures. If your
home or office does not have a Feng Shui friendly design, or is
full of clutter, then you may not need to apply a cure at all.
Start at the beginning, with good design and if you are still
having problems you may begin to address them one at a time
using Feng Shui cures.
Follow these three steps to get started:
- Read the Feng Shui Articles on this site and follow the
advice that applies to your situation. Visit your local
library to find books or search for Feng Shui Books online. After you have an
understanding of what you are trying to accomplish, go to step
- Now that you have a basic understanding of what you want
to accomplish your first task is to remove the clutter from
your home and office. Clutter-Clearing Tips that Work by Stephanie
Roberts offers good advice to help you remove the clutter.
After you have removed the clutter from your home and office,
proceed to step three.
- Now that you have removed the clutter from your home and
office, use the knowledge you gained from reading Feng Shui books
and articles to redesign your home and office. This process
takes time so don't rush things, give yourself as much time as
you need. Be patient, it is far more important to do it right
than it is to do it fast.
Ready to Use Feng Shui Cures to Improve Your Life?
If you have used the Feng Shui design principles you read
about correctly then using Feng Shui cures may be unnecessary,
except in rare cases where things get out of balance or you want
to enhance a specific aspect of your life. Feng Shui cures will
generate, absorb, deflect or hold chi in place. Cures use one of
the five Feng Shui elements or combinations of these elements to
generate the desired energy or negate undesirable energies.
Feng Shui Cures May Be Helpful If;
- You want to find love or bring romance back into your
- You wish to become famous or more respected in your
- You want to be financially successful
- You are trying to bring your family closer together
- Despite "Feng Shuiing" your home or office, things are
still out of balance
Common Feng Shui Cures
Apply Feng Shui cures one at a time, and give each time to
work before making changes. you should only apply cures
applicable to your current situation, don't just go through this
list and apply every cure listed here in hopes that they will
solve all of your problems. It is more likely this approach will
cause more problems than it solves.
We highly recommend making only small changes at first and
giving them plenty of time to work before you make any
additional changes. This will help you understand which Feng
Shui cures are helping, and which ones are actually making
To begin you can try some of the common Feng Shui Cures. If your
situation requires more specific Feng Shui cures try the ones
listed below, just don't overdo it.
Our Favorite Feng Shui Cure and Why
Peony flower paintings, because they promote family
prosperity, romance and help single girls find true love. Since
this plant has also used as an herbal medicine all over the
world for thousands of years, it encompasses all of the cures
listed below; love, wealth, health and family.
Feng Shui Cures for Love/Romance
- Displaying peony flower paintings will help a single girl
find true love. The peony is known in China as the "Queen of
Flowers" and also are the flower of love and beauty.
- The color pink, used in moderation.
- Pairs of objects like mandarin ducks, which symbolize
love. Never display a statue or painting of a single woman, as
this represents loneliness or invites a third-party into an
- Remove that single bed from your bedroom, as ingle bed is
for a single person. If you want to have a relationship you
need a larger bed, which represents your openness to accepting
a new person in your life.
- If it is from a past relationship, toss it out or place it
where it will not remind you of that person/relationship. Old
love letters, photos and the like are best thrown out, keeping
them may represent your unwillingness to move on to a new
- "Make room" for a new person to come into your life. Empty
one of your dresser drawers, leave a few empty hangers in the
front of your closet, clear out some space in the bedroom for
this new person to put their things. Even if the person will
not move in with you these are symbolic gestures indicating
your openness to a new relationship and your willingness to
share your space with the new person in your life.
- If you have "pairs" of anything in your bedroom or home
that are not properly matched, toss them out. Remember, you
want to find someone with whom you are a perfect match.
- Pleasant aromas will stimulate your senses, and those of
your potential mate. Make sure you, your home and the bedroom
all have a pleasant but not overpowering aroma.
Feng Shui Cures for Wealth
- I-Ching coins in groups of three, tied together with a red
ribbon to energize them. Place these on your cash register, or
if you work online place them on your computer monitor.
- Three-legged toad or "money frog" hopping into your home
near your front door.
- Chinese dragons almost anywhere except the bedroom.
- Mirror behind the stove so you can see twice as many
burners (doubles money luck).
- A fish tank in the wealth area of your home, but never use
water in the bedroom. If you can't use a fish tank, try our
Yin Yang Fish Chinese Feng Shui Scroll Painting. Fish
paintings like this are common in the homes of wealthy Chinese
people, because they believe fish bring you wealth. The
Chinese word for abundance sounds exactly like the word for
fish, so if you say gold fish it sounds like you are saying
- Peony flowers, or paintings featuring peony flowers.
Feng Shui Cures for Health
- Keep your home free of clutter, which creates stagnant
- Keep your kitchen clean at all times, read Feng Shui for the Heart of Your Home to learn more
about how important the kitchen is to the health of your
- The colors of white and yellow are good choices to promote
Feng Shui Cures for Family Harmony
- Pictures of your family taken during the good times of
- Keep your home clean and remove clutter from the kitchen
and dining rooms.
- The element wood and the color green are important to
family harmony, so using plants like small trees are a great
way to add these elements. When using plants remember they
represent growth and life when they are healthy, but if they
are not healthy or they are dying they represent death and
- Peony flowers are used by the Chinese to promote family
harmony and prosperity. You will often find peony flower
scrolls hanging in Chinese homes for this very reason.
Should I Hire a Consultant?
I sincerely hope these Feng Shui cures are helpful, but if
you are still having trouble after applying the relevant cures
listed here, you should seriously consider the services of a
qualified Feng Shui consultant. We do not list any consultants
on this site, so we have only one interest in recommending the
services of a consultant, helping you improve your life.
If you cannot afford to hire a Feng Shui consultant, search
for Feng Shui Books at your local library that deal with
the specific problem or problems you are having.